Monday, February 25, 2013

I've Been Framed


Hello everyone and happy Monday! I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. I have spent this weekend trying to scratch things off of my "to do" list with not much success. I have an on going list that conveniently sits on my counter in plain view so that I will not forget all of the things that I would like to get done. My problem is that I get side tracked. I will walk into a room to do something and suddenly my eyes are darting around the room like a cat watching a fly buzz around from wall to wall. I'm not even kidding. I have a hard time watching a television show with my family. While they are looking at the t.v. I am staring over their head at a picture that I think would look better if it were on the other wall. I know that I'm not alone here. Some of you do the same thing and you know who you are. This brings me to the topic of this post...pictures. Well, not really pictures as much as the frames they are in.

I love frames! Almost to the point of being a sickness. I mean really...just plain frames, even with nothing in them.


Don't get me wrong, I also love pictures of my family all over my house so it's not just about the frames but I love the shapes and details in frames. That is what attracts me to them. It is rare that I will find a frame that I like the color of it. That does not deter me from buying it though. A simple paint job will do the trick.




I found these beauties at a thrift store for cheap. I loved the curvy sides but did not like the 70's wood finish on them. ( If I wasn't so excited to paint them, I would have a good before shot of them but I don't so you'll have to use your imagination here.)


I gave them a paint job using a satin spray paint in various colors. I really like using spray paint on frames because it covers all the angles really well. Once it dried, I lightly sanded the edges to give it a distressed look. Then I wiped on some dark wood wax to make it look even older and that is it. So easy. With all of the paint color choices, you can make any frame match your decor.



And should you decide to redecorate your room, repaint your frame! (A little money saver tip for you.)



I hope everyone has a productive fun week. Now back to my "to do" list...


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment