Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Take A Number

Hey All! I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather. I love working outside this time of year but when the weather gets too hot or too rainy to be outside, it gives me a good reason to work on things inside.


One thing that I've been working on is paring down some of my collections. Don't get me wrong, I love collecting! It ranks right up there with breathing but at some point I think my collections need to be edited a bit. If not, I'm pretty sure I would end up on one of those hoarder shows. Oh, my kids would be horrified!

In a past post, Mary mentioned that a person's collection tells a lot about them. I love how certain things mean something special to them or bring back a certain warm memory. Did you ever collect something that really didn't mean anything to you but that you just thought was darn cool? Well, that's where my collection of numbers come in. I don't really think they mean anything to me in a warm fuzzy way. I just think there is something soooo neat about them. My boys would probably say that it is the OCD in me (which I may or may not have). My life is not super structured and I'm not really an orderly kind of girl so I'm not sure where my love for numbers came from. It started from a few house numbers that I found.


 Then I found a few more....


Then I just couldn't stop myself. Crazy, right?


Well, I started thinking....the more you collect, the more you have to clean and who in their right mind wants to spend a lot of time doing that when you could be doing other fun things. So I've decided to pare down and only keep a few numbers that I really, really love and use them in a creative way.


I embellished a couple of pallet shelves that my husband and I made. I love the little added touch.

I'm thinking of adding a couple of numbers to some baskets. I don't know why really. Doesn't everyone number their baskets? Ya know, so you don't lose track of how many baskets you have?!

Anyhow, I will slowly part with the rest of them, unless of course I run across more that I can't live without.

Funny story....my husband gave me these gorgeous hooks for my birthday! I love the 1,2 and 3! I think that it reminds me of my 3 boys.


Wouldn't that be considered as "enabling"? Do they make twelve step programs for collectors? Please leave a comment below letting us know what kinds of things you collect? We would love to be inspired! (Ya know, to start another collection.)

Diane

2 comments:

  1. Well Diane, I am a collector of a few things- stars and copies of The Wizard of Oz books. Hubby has graciously given me a section of the wall bookshelf to display my copies, however the stars are tucked away in the attic. Neither have completely consumed me, but I'm always on the lookout for both.Love your collection of numbers. So many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of collecting Wizard of Oz books! You're the first person I know to collect those. I'll have to keep my eyes open for you.

      Delete